TO: All Members of Local Union 2251
FROM: Mike Da Prat, President
RE: General Membership Meeting Summary Report for
September 20th, 2017
The following notes represent my personal summary of the September General Membership Meeting and ARE NOT OFFICIAL MINUTES. They are for the express purpose of keeping the members informed in a timely fashion. Since minutes must be approved at a subsequent General Membership Meeting, any updates which would require the use of the actual minutes would result in updates being one-month old.
The following was approved at the September meeting:
- Minutes of the August meeting
- The financial statement ending August 31st and the disbursements of $161,718.01. Our disbursements were in excess of our receipts by $64,490.09. This resulted in our General Account being positive by $65,943.86 (Toronto Dominion).
- A motion was passed to donate $15,000.00 to the Algoma District School Board and Huron-Superior School Board to be used for the breakfast programs.
- A motion was passed to send Brother DeGregorio and Brother Kallio to NEOAC in Sudbury October 5th and 6th, 2017.
MANNING REPORT AS OF September 1st, 2017
Local 2251 2298
Local 2724 468
President, Michael Da Prat, reported the following:
- Mike gave a brief outline of what has and has not been happening with the CCAA process.
- Mike explained what was happening with the arbitration case with S&T and how Local 2251 is proceeding in this case.
- Mike explained that the Health and Safety issues regarding the structure of the committee are continuing and we hope to have them resolved soon.
- Local 2251 has put in a request that BDO looks into the figures regarding the profit sharing.
- Mike explained what has transpired regarding the COLA increase and Roll-in. He explained that the $.31 was not rolled in on July 31st, 2017 which meant it was not paid on Statutory holidays and overtime. This was to be corrected on the September 27th, 2017 pay day. The COLA effective August 20, 2017 is $.01 per hour.
Total legal fees to date: $1,398,269.27
- Ernest and Young website: documentcentre.eycan.com
The next General Membership Meeting will be held on October 18th, 2017 at 7:30 p.m., at The Royal Canadian Legion located at 96 Great Northern Road.