TO: All Members of Local Union 2251
FROM: Mike Da Prat, President
RE: General Membership Meeting Summary Report
August 16th, 2017
The following notes represent my personal summary of the August General Membership Meeting and ARE NOT OFFICIAL MINUTES. They are for the express purpose of keeping the members informed in a timely fashion. Since minutes must be approved at a subsequent General Membership Meeting, any updates which would require the use of the actual minutes would result in updates being one-month old.
The following was approved at the August meeting:
- Minutes of the July meeting
- The financial statement ending July 31st and the disbursements of $109,622.54. Our receipts were in excess of our disbursements by $2,621.83. This resulted in our General Account being positive by $141,708.47 (Toronto Dominion).
- No motions this month.
MANNING REPORT AS OF August 1st, 2017
Local 2251 2315
Local 2724 474
President, Michael Da Prat, reported the following:
- Mike explained that we raised the issue of the land sales with our legal department to check into.
- Mike explained that we have asked for intervenor status with the OLRB regarding the jurisdiction of the work contracted out to S&T.
- Mike talked about the proposed structure of the Health and Safety Committee.
- Mike also spoke on the new policy at the hall regarding the front doors.
Total legal fees to date: $1,327,633.61
- Ernest and Young website: documentcentre.eycan.com
The next General Membership Meeting will be held on September 20th, 2017 at 7:30 p.m., at The Royal Canadian Legion located at 96 Great Northern Road.